All people who suffer from muscle aches, back pain, arthritis, and other things are uncomfortable because of joint pain. This feeling will restrict you from doing the things you want and from being able to sleep well at night. It is when the Moist Heat Therapy Heating Pads come in handy.
SACKSY THYME Hot Therapy relief Microwavable Heating Pad to relief Pain:
Sacksy Thyme's Hot Therapy Relief Pad is the perfect balance of moist heat and comfort. This microwavable flaxseed heating pad is perfect pad for cramps, muscle aches, arthritis, and use it as a hot pack for your back or neck, or relief from migraine or sinus congestion.
These pads help reduce and alleviate the pain and stiffness after working out or during everyday activities. They are made of a unique material that can distribute body heat evenly, which means even if you are lying down, you can still feel the benefits of this therapy.
What is Moist Heat?
Moist heat therapy is a treatment technique that employs a wet heat source to alleviate discomfort and promote relaxation in sore muscles, joints, and ligaments.
Various methods, such as hot water bottles, steam towels, hot baths, or moist heating packs, can be used.
Hot baths are particularly effective as they provide a comprehensive and immersive heat experience that can help target the afflicted muscles and those that may have become tense due to the injury.
How does moist heat therapy work?
Moist heat therapy is a type of heat therapy that uses moist heat to relieve pain and inflammation. It is often used to treat muscle pain, joint pain, and arthritis. When you apply a moist heat compress to an affected area, the warmth helps dilate blood vessels, increasing blood flow.
This increased blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to the tissues, which can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing. The warmth also helps to relax muscles, which can help to relieve pain and improve flexibility.
How is Moist Heat Applied?
Before placing the pads on the injured area, it is advisable to cover them appropriately. In addition, it is crucial to consistently monitor any sources of moist heat to prevent the skin from overheating and causing further damage.
It is not recommended to use heat therapy on bruised, swollen, broken, or hot-to-the-touch skin. One should seek professional medical advice before applying heat therapy to an injured area.
Benefits of moist heat therapy
Heat therapy increases blood circulation in a particular area. That provides Relief from pain and speeds up the healing process.
Here are some of the benefits of moist heat therapy:
- Relieves pain: Moist heat therapy can help relieve pain caused by a variety of conditions, including muscle strains, sprains, arthritis, and menstrual cramps. The warmth from the compress helps to relax muscles and increase blood flow to the affected area, which can help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Reduces inflammation: Moist heat therapy can help to reduce inflammation by increasing blood flow to the affected area. This can help to flush out toxins and promote healing.
- Promotes relaxation: Moist heat therapy can help to promote relaxation by soothing the nervous system. The warmth from the compress can help to reduce stress and anxiety, and it can also help to improve sleep.
- Improves flexibility: Moist heat therapy can help to improve flexibility by relaxing muscles and tendons. This can be helpful for people who have conditions such as arthritis or muscle strains.
- Promotes healing: Moist heat therapy can help to promote healing by increasing blood flow to the affected area. This can help to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the tissues, which can help to speed up the healing process.
What happens in moist heat therapy?
Heat is transferred from a wet source to your tissues to relieve pain. Moist heat helps relax loose, tight joints, dilate blood vessels, help relax sore muscles, and relieve pain when placed on the affected area. One of the most significant benefits of applying moist heat to your body is that it improves blood circulation as your blood flows more freely through all of your organs, which aids in healing the affected area. The best part? There are zero side effects!
Why do acupuncturists, physical therapists, and chiropractors use moist heat therapy?
Moist heat helps enhance and ease tight muscles and aids in performing therapeutic exercises and chiropractic adjustments; that is why Moist heat therapy is highly recommended by physical therapists, chiropractors, and acupuncturists.
That's why these practitioners often recommend moist heat for treating all kinds. You may use a steam towel or a hot water bottle at home, but we hope you will try our Sacksy thyme Microwavable heating pad to provide you with luxurious comfort while alleviating pain.
SACKSY THYME Microwavable Heating Pad:
This heating pad provides amazing moist heat which penetrates deep into muscles to relieve tension, stress, cramps, tightness and help boost circulation. It can also be used cold- just place it in the freezer for whenever you need cold therapy relief! The Pad is Versatile & is perfect for CRAMPS, BACK ACHE, STRESS RELIEF, NECK & SHOULDER TENSION, SINUS PRESSURE, EAR ACHE, TMJ, KNEES, ELBOWS, BACK, & MORE! Or cuddle with it on a cold night!
How is moist heat therapy beneficial?
Moist heat therapy has been used for centuries to help alleviate pain and discomfort in many body parts and conditions. For example, they are often used to relieve muscle pain and for shingles and other infections. The theory behind moist heat therapy is that low heat levels penetrate skin tissues and increase blood flow. Moist heat therapy effectively decreases mild pain and can be used at night when heat is not readily available or tolerated. That speeds up the healing process and provides Relief from pain.
Heat therapy reduces pain by reducing inflammation and muscle spasms, but how does it work? Heat therapy works by convection. The heat from a heating pad is transferred to the body's skin by the air moving across it in convection. Convection is much faster than conduction, but convection is not the only way heat is applied through the body.
Knee osteoarthritis pains are deep-seated and can be treated by moist heat therapy. The condition is caused by bones rubbing against each other without protective cartilage. The deep source of pain is reached by moist heat therapy. It can also treat Secondary muscle spasms due to chronic arthritis. Our microwaveable heating pads are beneficial in this condition because they easily mold around hard-to-reach joints.
SACKSY THYME Everywhere Sack, Flaxeed and Cherry Pit Heating Pad
Our most versatile herbal heating pad yet! Our high quality Organic Flaxseed and Cherry Pit filler provides longer lasting moist heat! Perfect density for large areas, like back, stomach, chest, shoulders, and neck. Uses include everything from Muscle Soreness, stiff shoulder and back muscles, to menstrual cramps or belly aches, fibromyalgia, ibs and more. Can be used on the chest to help soothe congestion and cough, or even as a weighted pad for those with anxiety to help them sleep more comfortably.
Moist heat also aids the treatment of neuropathy pain by increasing circulation. Place one by your feet in bed and discover a simple pain relief solution for cold and poor-circulation feet.
How to use moist heat therapy
To use moist heat therapy, you can follow these steps:
- Gather your materials. You will need a moist heat compress, such as a heating pad, electric blanket, or hot towel. You will also need a towel to wrap around the compress.
- Prepare the compress. If you use a heating pad, set it to a low or medium heat setting. If you use an electric blanket, set it to a low temperature. If you are using a hot towel, soak it in hot water and then wring it out until it is not dripping.
- Apply the compress to the affected area. Place the compress on the affected area and wrap it with a towel to keep it in place.
- Apply heat for 20-30 minutes. Do not apply heat for more than 30 minutes at a time.
- Monitor the area. Check the area frequently to make sure that the compress is not too hot. If it is too hot, remove the compress and let it cool down before reapplying.
Precautions for using moist heat therapy
Moist heat therapy is generally safe for most people, but there are a few precautions to be aware of:
- Do not apply moist heat therapy to open wounds or sores.
- Do not apply moist heat therapy to areas that are numb or that have lost sensation.
- Do not apply moist heat therapy to red, swollen, or inflamed areas.
- Do not apply moist heat therapy if you have a fever.
- Talk to your doctor before using moist heat therapy if you are pregnant or if you have any medical conditions.
Treatment Of Deep Sources Of Pain & Arthritis Pain Using Moist Heat
Moist heat therapy is highly effective in treating arthritic pain because it can reach deep tissues and sources of pain. Osteoarthritis is a condition that occurs when sections of bone rub against each other without the protective cartilage, resulting in intense pain. Moist heat therapy is particularly beneficial in such cases as it can swiftly reach the source of pain, providing faster Relief than dry heat therapy.
Moist heat therapy is a highly effective treatment for managing pain and secondary muscle cramps often associated with chronic arthritis. This therapy also offers a viable solution for addressing Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), commonly experienced after rigorous physical exercise, and alleviating pain caused by back or neck muscle spasms.
It has been observed that DOMS is particularly resistant to other forms of therapy, but moist heat therapy has proven to be effective in reducing its discomfort and pain. One of the key benefits of moist heat therapy is its ability to quickly penetrate deep tissues, making it a valuable treatment option in various situations.
Moist heat is a viable option for many situations. However, it should be avoided when the infection is present or if the injury is recent. Ice therapy is a more appropriate choice in such cases as it slows down metabolic activity and reduces any bleeding that may have occurred. In addition, heat therapy should be avoided when the injured area is sensitive to touch or the skin appears hot and red.
Can Moist Heat Be Used to Treat Swelling?
Although heat therapy has various benefits, it is not recommended for treating swelling, whether it is moist or dry. This is especially true when dealing with swelling immediately after an acute injury. In such cases, moist heat therapy can elevate skin temperature and increase blood circulation, worsening the swelling. Therefore, avoiding moist heat therapy when swelling or inflammation is present despite its many advantages is advisable.
“It is important to use caution when using heating pads, regardless of whether they contain water or gel. In addition, it is recommended to place a layer between the heating source and your skin to prevent burns. “
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Different types of moist heat compresses are available, such as heating pads, electric blankets, and hot towels.
- You can also compress your moist heat by soaking a towel in hot water and then wringing it out.
- If you are using a heating pad, make sure that it is set to a low or medium heat setting.
- Never use moist heat therapy for more than 20-30 minutes at a time.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using moist heat therapy, stop using it immediately and consult with your doctor.
How are moist and dry heat different?
Moist heat therapy is a popular modality that promotes healing by applying moisture to a specific area of injury, thus enhancing the body's natural ability to heal. It is typically applied to the skin but can also be applied to the body.
On the other hand, dry heat therapy is a modality that uses heat to stimulate the body's metabolism to improve healing and relieve pain. Both modalities may be used singly or in combination and, in many cases, are used for the same purpose.
Do you feel like you're not getting enough sleep, your muscles are aching, or the weather has been particularly chilly? Or, you're dealing with a sports injury and need to heal ASAP. Our Sacksy thyme Hot therapy relief Heating Pad will provide much-needed comfort. Just microwave one of our pads for a few minutes and let their unique fill deliver moist warmth that alleviates pain.