We all know the damage a pandemic can do to our health, economy, and lifestyle, but do you know the damage it can wreak on mental well being?
Life as we know it has been disrupted. As much as we can try to move on and live a life as close to what we once knew pre covid-19, it is proving difficult for many. Humans are social creatures, and our mental health is suffering.
Here are some things we can do right now to help:
- Take breaks from watching tv, and social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
Take care of your body.
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- use Sacksythyme's microwavable heating pads for being relaxed.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly, at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes.
- Get your sleep.
- Make time to unwind. Do activities you enjoy. Take up a new hobby.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Reach out to neighbors, family and friends.
- Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations. Spiritual healing helps to refresh the soul.
- Keep yourself busy. Paint a room, clean out a closet, learn how to make a pot roast like Julia Child or write a blog about how to save your mental health during a pandemic!
For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019